Simple questions about making a package

Hi !

I'm learning how to create a package but I don't understand why the dirs
file exists. All the directories are created when we type a make install,
aren't they ?

Does anyone know if there exists a way to specify some dependencies
informations in the rules file ?

When a software uses auto{conf make ?}, a "docs" file is created in the
debian directory, specifying the docs files to add to /usr/doc/$pkg but the
dh_installdocs doesn't speak about this file.

In the dpkg-dev package, there's a dpkg-gencontrol and in debhelper, there
is dh_gencontrol. Isn't it the same ?
Some other executables exists in dpkg-dev and in debhelper. If debhelper
adds new functions (the executables in this package are wrappers for those
in dpkg-dev, aren't they ?), why not adding them directly to dpkg-dev to
minimise the numbers of executables to build a deb package ?
Or maybe you prefer having the more executables as possible, making the
maintainer tasks harder. :-)

Is it correct to add new files to the source, once the dh-make command is
executed ?

Thank you.

--
|    .                               ICQ      : 25529539
|    | |\  | |  | \  /               AIM      : linhax
|___ | |  \| |__| /  \               IRC nick : linhax
Sami Dalouche : samid@ifrance.com    DHIS     : pingoo.dhis.org