Re: ATerm package

On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 07:24:47PM +0200, Samuel Hocevar wrote:

> Well, here is what I did; I hacked debian/rules so that:
>  o it first builds aterm with --enable-fading;
>  o it moves 'aterm' to 'aterm-fade';
>  o it eventually builds the classic aterm.
>
> debclean now runs $(MAKE) distclean but also src/aterm-fade.
>
> and install does a make install, then also copies aterm-fade to
> debian/tmp/usr/bin, and symlinks the manpage.
>
> I have the bad feeling that this is not very "clean", but it's
> the only way I found to do it in one step. It was a quick hack,
> I'll have a closer look at it later (I'm still at work so I don't
> have much time :>)

Ahh, you're building it all in one package.  Okay, that works too. I might
have put aterm-fade into a second package (which is what I thought you
were planning to do..)  Um, you probably should also rename aterm and use
/etc/alternatives for this like rxvt does IIRC.

> The new packages are already there:
> deb http://www.via.ecp.fr/~sam/ debian/

I'll have a look in a bit.

<sel> need help: my first packet to my provider gets lost :-(
<netgod> sel:  dont send the first one, start with #2