Re: maint-doc and dh_make

> Ok, I'm trying to follow the maint-guide to build my own package. The problem
> is that the doc is assuming that dh_make is doing things that it isn't doing,
> like creating the .orig dir and making a default changelog entry. I followed
> the damn thing exactly, so whats going on? Should I be able to run dh_make
> and have it build me a package by running dpkg-buildpackage (not a very
> *good* package, mind you)?

I spent some 4-5 hours yesterday with the same problem. I just couldn't get
the thing to work (v0.12). It produced faulty rules-files etc. I then stumbled
upon `debmake' (3.5.20 from unstable) which did everything I wanted.

--Tomas Pihl                                   Another GNU/Debian user
tomas@pihl.org