Re: question about kernel sources .config

R Garth Wood <rgwood@peace.netnation.com> writes:

> Maybe change the config so that the scsi/ether drivers are not compiled
> in. A fairly generic kernel 2.2 should be about 660k.

Yes, I have already done that and get 541k with no scsi built in.  But
as you can guess, that severely restricts the set of people that can
use that distribution for installation.  My question was motivated by
the fact that I figured somebody must be doing something because the
standard kernel had grown so large.

Which reminds me of something else.  The rdev.sh failed trying to set
the root disk to /dev/ram0.  I was wondering if something was changing
around that as well.

  Kirk