Re: Becoming a new developper

Sami Dalouche wrote:

> I have succefully (lintian says me only one error related to the man page)
> packaged gwget, a GTK+ frontend for wget but I'm not an expert in DEB.
> packaging for now.
>
> Is it morally - or policy - correct to become a new developper and learn more
> about DEB packaging if needed for other packages ?
>
> Can I upload my DEB to my homepage to allow you testing the package and
> reporting errors to me ?
> So, How to make a apt compliant hierarchy on my homepage area ?

learn by example is one:

deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free

if you have an X based email reader, that makes clickable links and then runs a
web browser, click the above links that are part of the /etc/apt/sources.list
file and have a look-see how it's organized, then do the same.

I'm not a developer either, so now you owe me! once you learn how to make debs,
you have to teach me!

--Brock

---------------------  PGP key ID: FED76A3D <brock@cyberdude.com> 4 / 5 / 1999

   __ _    Debian GNU       R. Brock Lynn             (bytopian on irc #debian)
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __   http://www.debian.org/     irc.openprojects.net
 / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /                    Free Software!
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <    Remember that's "Free" as in Freedom!,
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\   Not Free as in price.      Debian's 'Da Bomb!