rejected changes

A few weeks ago I uploaded gnu-smalltalk_1.5.3-2.  I then got mail back
saying it had been rejected because there was an md5sum mismatch on the
source file.  Since I knew I hadn't touched the original source this
time around, I must have modified something for the first package.  So
I edited the .changes file to include the .orig.tar.gz file, and re-ran
dupload, then logged in and deleted the files in rejected.  But still my
files are sitting in Incoming and have not been merged.  How long does
this usually take?  Should I do something else to nullify the rejection?

--
Alex