Re: Help: Why am I kicked out of -devel list?

On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 10:16:15PM +0200, Rui Zhu wrote:
> Hello, all,
>
> I was removed from debian-devel list because of lots (how many?) of
> bounces got from my ISP (at Uni) two days ago.  There was alrealy such
> a case a half year ago, but I can't now find that message.  Following
> is error message which I got from list server.  Offending beasts seem
> to be:

This is just my quick and dirty guess work - I might be wrong.

> >Hi. This is the qmail-send program at murphy.debian.org.
> >I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
> >This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
> >
> ><debian-devel@Infodrom.North.DE>:
> >192.109.226.18 does not like recipient.
> >Remote host said: 550 <debian-devel@Infodrom.North.DE>... Relaying denied
> >Giving up.

I doubt this had any thing to do with you - it seems like the mail
was sent to multiple users at simultanously, and three completely
seperate destinations bounced.

> ><zhurui@cs.tu-berlin.de>:
> >CNAME lookup failed temporarily. (#4.4.3)
> >I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

This looks very relevant, and might be because the domain name server at
your ISP/Uni is not very reliable. Then again, it could be a problem with
Debian's computers, too, but this seems unlikely.

> ><doko@cs.tu-berlin.de>:
> >CNAME lookup failed temporarily. (#4.4.3)
> >I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

See above.

--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>