Re: data and config file placement

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> John Travers <jtravs@debian.org> writes:
>
> > 1) how do I make these non executable.?
>
> chmod a-x <file>

I know how to do it manually! How do I do it in the debian/rules script?

> > 2) how can I put the config (cfg) files in /etc/hightfall (the
> > package uses a confgure script, but I can't specify the config file
> > dir), prehaps symlinks --> how would I do this?
>
> -> /etc/nightfall.  If you don't know how to do that, you really need
> to step back and bone up on Unix a bit... :)

Again I know this! But how do I automate it in the build process?

> You can also mention your need to the upstream maintainer -- maybe he
> and you could work on enabling the configdir options (--sysconfigdir I
> think in autoconf).

I will try...

--
John Travers

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us!"