data and config file placement

I have just started to package nightfall (an astronomy application)  and when I
run lintian everything is fine except I get a load of:

W: nightfall: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/share/nightfall/data/mr_cygR2.dat
W: nightfall: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/share/nightfall/data/dd_monV.dat
W: nightfall: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/share/nightfall/doc/C/Introduction.html
W: nightfall: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/share/nightfall/cfg/51_peg.cfg
W: nightfall: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/share/nightfall/cfg/mr_cyg.cfg
W: nightfall: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/share/nightfall/doc/C/help0.txt

1) how do I make these non executable.?
2) how can I put the config (cfg) files in /etc/hightfall (the package uses a
confgure script, but I can't specify the config file dir), prehaps symlinks -->
how would I do this?

Thanks for any help!

--
John Travers

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us!"