level of policy

Hi all, when i use dh_make to make the ``debianization'' of
a program i found in the control file the tag:

Standards-Version: 2.4.0.0

How i can upgrade the level of policy on my distribution.
I have a slink machine and I have installed the packages:

ii  debian-policy   2.5.0.0        Debian Policy Manual and related
					documents
ii  debhelper       1.1.24         helper programs for debian/rules
ii  dh-make         0.7            Debianizing Tool for debhelper

I must take the latest level of policy complaint ?

sorry for my english

best regards

Andrea Fanfani
--