Re: local Packages on my server

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Betoes wrote:

> How can we generate the Packages.gz based on our ftp server?

First create a override file(you don't really need it IMHO but
dpkg-scanpackages does):

### file: overrides
apt optional utils
<progname> optional <section>

now create Packages files:
cd /ftp_root/dists/my_dist/main && dpkg-scanpackages binary-$ARCH \
	overrides dists/my_dist/main > binary-$ARCH/Packages

> We generated the tree directory of our packages, and they are placed in:
>
> /debian/dists/stable/local/binary-i386/tools/*.deb
>
> Is the generation of Packages.gz enough to use apt on a client machine?

Yes.

| R Garth Wood                    | Making waves...                     |
| Stormix Technologies Inc.       |                                     |
| rgwood@stormix.com              |                                     |