Re: Preparing a source and binary package

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 04:49:37PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
[it works]

Glad to hear it :)

> Ok, two questions, I installed emacs at home, nice mode for editing the
> changelog, but where do I get "dch" from which you mention in the guide?

It is in the devscripts package (that is mentioned on the list of packages
in one of the first chapters).

> Next, imagine I have access to a potato i386 machine and want to upload the
> source as well as m68k and i386 binaries (its a more advanced topic, I dont
> blame you that its not in the new maintainers guide :-). How do I create my
> changes file then other than by hand?

If I understood you correctly, you want to upload one source, and two
binaries (i386 + m68k). If you don't want to edit the changes file
by hand, you can just use these options for dpkg-buildpackage on i386:

         -b            binary-only, do not build source
         -sd           uploaded src is diff and .dsc only

Then you will have source+m68k in one changes file, and i386 in the other,
but that just means that you need to run dupload twice.