Updating packages before being developer

Hi.

I'm not yet a developer (shouldn't take long, I've already got a reply from the
New Maintainers Group), but I got already a couple of packages, and I'm working
on those packages, i.e., fixing bugs, packaging new releases, etc.

I'm wondering what will happen when I try upload the new packages to master?
Some are not -1 version anymore, and some already have newer upstream versions,
meaning that the changelog are not the usual "* Initial Release" anymore.
Do you think that will be a problem when I made the upload?
--
Pedro Guerreiro (aka digito)    (pguerreiro@bigfoot.com)
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone have your own way.