Re: can menu system handle this requirement ?

[snip: menu for X app]

If I understand you correctly, you have an app that has both a command
line (in a text terminal) and an X window. I had the same problem some
time ago and I asked the menu maintainer (Joey Hess) what I should do. He
suggested a temporary (needs=X11term) solution which worked. However,
you probably want to ask him/check the menu docs what the appropriate
magic is now, and let me know, as I forgot to get back in touch with him!

I agree that there is a problem in not having an equivalent to PAGER,
sensible-pager, etc. for xterms.

Giuliano.