Re: packaging GnuDIP ....

> It's certinaly a good idea to not make the package depend on the dns, web,
> and mysql servers. It could probably get away with reccommending (or at
> least suggesting) them.

hmm... even though the package will *fail* installation without them?

maybe i'll use this -- please let me know if it makes sense:
Depends: perl | mysql-base
Recommends: cron | httpd | mysql-server | bind | libdbi-perl | libdbd-mysql-perl

Rationale: it needs perl and mysql-base (mysqladmin) to install (and
definitely needs perl to run). All the other parts are needed to run the
program, but are not necessarily on the same machine, or, in the case of the
lib*perl packages, might have been installed by the user as separate CPAN
packages.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>