Re: dependencies problem

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 12:01:56AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 02:39:53PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Yes, this is a common problem if you build a package with both a shared
> > library and binaries in it. It's pretty harmless, but ugly, to leave it how
> > it is. Your other choices are:

It can be harmful. On the next build of the package, dpkg-shlibdeps
gets the .shlib file from the installed version, and not the newly
compiled version. If they differ, the dependencies of your new
binaries package is incorrect. To fix this, I told dpkg-shlibdeps
to use the new .shlib file as the local shlib file. The manuals say
that the local file should only be used temporarily but there doesn't
seem to be another way.

I use:

	dh_shlibdeps -u -Ldebian/libgeda2/DEBIAN/shlibs

Hamish