Re: how do I create orig.tar.gz archive ?

On 29 Jan 1999, Peter Makholm wrote:

> Anything special to do if it is impossible to use pristine sources?
>
> I have a packages where the source is distributed i zipfiles with only
> one-case 8.3 filenames (yuck). Everything in the sources uses
> filenames which differs in case. what shall I do?

Try "unzip -La filename.zip".  That can often change the case from upper to
lower.  :-)  It also automatically detects text file and change the DOS
CR/LF to Unix/Linux's LF (??).  Have to watch to make sure unzip is not too
overzealous in doing that though!  :-)

Hope this helps,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada