Re: off topic/learning C

"M.C. Vernon" <mcv21@cus.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> On 20 Jan 1999, Carey Evans wrote:

[snip]

I didn't really mean that to sound like it did.  Maybe I've been
scarred for life by trying to tutor second-year computer science
students in C, especially with linked lists, and strings that take up
one more byte than strlen() returns.

> I learned C first. I don't see why Kent shouldn't learn it first. And yes
> I did look at the URL

I learnt VIC 20 BASIC first.  It didn't *twitch* do me any *twitch* harm.

I now know a few dozen languages and think that Python is one of the
easiest to use; however, it's essential to know C to do any "real"
programming on Unix.

"The risk of U.S. national security resting in the hands of adults who play
with children's toys during office hours is left as an exercise to the reader."
                                                       - Bruce Martin in RISKS