Re: Why only one non-free section?

Hi,

 Raul> Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@earthlink.net> wrote:
 >> We don't WANT to make it easy to use non-free software, which is why we
 >> haven't split non-free.  We don't want to make it unreasonably hard either,
 >> which is why we allow non-free and contrib sections to begin with.  We just
 >> don't want non-free software associated with Debian.

 Raul> But note that contrib is being packaged as an official part of Debian.

	A small nit. It is being packaged on the official CD, but is
 not an official part of Debian. This maybe a distinction that
 makes no difference, but it is important for me. Why do I say that
 contrib is not part of Debian? Look at the social contract, which
 defines what the official debian distribution is.

 Raul> I was surprised when I realized this.  I was even more
 Raul> surprised when I found out there wasn't anything to be done
 Raul> about it.

	What do you suggest be done about this?

	manoj
--
 Virginia law forbids bathtubs in the house; tubs must be kept in the
 yard.