Re: debstd trouble with multi-binary package

On Sun, Jul 05, 1998 at 07:21:43AM +0000, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 04, 1998 at 11:40:11PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > debstd is depricated, use the debhelper instead.
>
> I've seen several messages on this line, but I have to say it's not entirely
> helpful.  I've discovered debstd does a LOT today.  The package I'm looking
> at which uses it I'd like to convert to debhelper, but I don't see how to do
> this easily.  Is there documentation about moving from the former to the
> latter?

More digging answered my own question:

	/usr/doc/debhelper/from-debstd

It raised another though:  The result of following these instructions showed
me a LOT of things to add to debian/rules.  Most of them aren't used in this
package.  How do I know which are and which aren't for sure?