non-maintainer upload

	There is a bad bug in tcsh. In fact, it may point to another bug
in hamm, as the tcsh bug has existed for quite some time (probably on bo)
and exists on many other non-linux platforms.
	On hamm it happens to have worse consequences, it can cause tcsh
to go into an infinite loop.
	I fixed the bug, but I have heard  from neither the  Debian
maintainer, nor the upstream author.  It's only been a few days, but I am
anxious to have it fixed.
	I am 90% sure the bug fix is OK, although the upstream maintainer
may eventually do something more robust or better. Since its a widely used
shell, it should be heavily tested however, but I guess that's what
frozen is for.
	Question: When is a non-maintainer release appropriate ?
 Thanks (probably Manoj , since he fields most of the stuff on this list)

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>