Re: One source, two binary packages

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	I have this in my directory on master (rules.tar.gz, I
>  think). README follows (the tarball has HTML stuff in it too, meant
>  to be dropped onto the develoers corner web page).

You should just put this up on the public HTML space on master...?
I'm thinking of doing this too for some of my rules file, which I'm
also proud of --- especially since I think I'll be able to adapt
them to FHS with very little changes.

My rules files always start like this:

#!/usr/bin/make -f
# rules file for doc-base
#
# I believe in stripped down rules files; nothing that is not required.
# I believe in readability through abstraction.

package         := doc-base

# directory abstraction
prefix          := debian/tmp
sbindir         := $(prefix)/usr/sbin
mandir          := $(prefix)/usr/man
docdir          := $(prefix)/usr/doc/$(package)
sharedir        := $(prefix)/usr/share/$(package)
vardir          := $(prefix)/var/lib/$(package)

# build abstraction
install_file    := install -o root -g root -m 644
install_script  := install -o root -g root -m 755
install_program := install -o root -g root -m 755 --strip
make_directory  := install -d -o root -g root -m 755
compress        := gzip -9f