Re: Packaging strategy for dict

I am no mentor.  But since I had given some thought about this in the past,
here goes -

Bob Hilliard wrote:
>      Would it be preferable to make two packages, one containing only
> the client and the other containing the server, or make one package
> containing both client and server?  If making two packages is the
> preferred solution, should the server package contain both server and
> client, or should it only contain the server?

I would say have two packages.  Server (containing server+client) and
client.  Most people are probably better off with the client package.  Set
the dependancies such that dpkg and dselect would not install both the
server and client package.

>      The debian/rules file can be written to produce both packages.
> In such a case would the uploaded package consist of one source package
> and two .debs ?

I would say 2 sources and 2 binaries to make things simple.

Thaths
--
  "If a gun can protect something as important as a bar, it is good
         enough to protect my family." -- Homer J. Simpson