Re: gv depends on ghostscript, which depends on gsfonts

    Marco> Anyways, as jens says, it is possible to set up gs |
    Marco> gs-aladdin to use e.g. the fonts of X. More in general, a
    Marco> better management for the gs fonts is required (i.e.,
    Marco> scripts to install/deinstall families of fonts).  I am
    Marco> working on this, but this will require some time...

 Great!  That must be the `type-manager' package.  We're looking
 forward to having it available.  :-)

 I've decided that I am going to close this bug in a few days, unless
 there's a reasonable excuse not to, and I've also decided that
 there's no real need to add a redundant dependancy to the list.  `gs'
 and `gs-aladdin' already `Recommends:' the fonts, and `gv' depends on
 there being a ghostscript interpreter.

 Since it's a `Recommends', using `dpkg' on the commandline, you'll
 get no indication, but `dselect' will tell you, as will the WWW CGI
 package search interface.  (see: Debian packaging manual - chapter 8
 Declaring relationships between packages).

 I doubt that if `gs' won't work for `gv', it would print anyway.  You
 need to install the fonts.