SGML-format docs -- compile-time, what to do?

I'm making a new libgtk-doc package. Included with the upstream source
is a SGML-formatted GTK FAQ. Should I:

1) convert the SGML to HTML/LaTeX/??? at compile time
2) convert the SGML to HTML/LaTeX/??? in the postinst
3) forget this silliness?

:)

And if I do convert the SGML to whatever, how should I go about doing
that the best way?

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters E and A and the number 19.
"Johnny! Don't go! It's too dangerous!" "I don't care!" -- MST3K