Re: how to provide pristine source package

On Mon, Mar 02, 1998 at 10:24:27PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I sometimes read something like "as we can now easily provide pristine
> source packages...".
> I wonder how I can provide the original tar ball if it
>
> a) has not the right name (ok, could rename it)

Yes.  That's no problem at all.  :-)

> b) does not extract in the right directory (for example, foo-version instead
> foo-version.orig).

That's no problem at all!  :-)  dpkg-source (?) is smart enough to handle
that situation.  As long as the files are all under one single directory,
things will be fine.  :-)

Of course, some packages are just too awkward to provide pristine source
(such as those that comes in multiple .zip files or has no directory
structure what-so-ever), we will just have to tailor it for now.  :-)

Anthony