Re: .diff question

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Fernando Sanchez wrote:

> 	I'm packaging ocaml, a ml-type language interpreter and compiler,
> and everything works ok but I have two questions, I hope quite easy to
> answer:
>
> First, to compile ocaml I need to call "make install" (in 'rules' file) in
> the following way for it to install binaries where it has to:
>
> $(MAKE) install BINDIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/bin \
> LIBDIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/lib/ocaml MANDIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/man/man1
>
> of course everything works fine, but this way no change is made to original
> Makefiles and it's not reflected in .diff file generated with source
> package.

I think you may be a little bit confused about this.

Everything not in the original source, *including* the debian/* files
is reflected in the .diff file.

So your debian/rules file, that does the trick, is reflected in the diff
file.

So, don't worry, in general this is the right thing to do.

--
 "e72022f34f6aa824eab32b7a92b63208" (a truly random sig)