.diff question

Hello,
	I'm packaging ocaml, a ml-type language interpreter and compiler,
and everything works ok but I have two questions, I hope quite easy to
answer:

First, to compile ocaml I need to call "make install" (in 'rules' file) in
the following way for it to install binaries where it has to:

$(MAKE) install BINDIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/bin \
LIBDIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/lib/ocaml MANDIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/man/man1

of course everything works fine, but this way no change is made to original
Makefiles and it's not reflected in .diff file generated with source
package. In Debian-policy it is stated that every change which is made to
sources in order to install properly on Debian systems should be reflected
in the .diff file and I don't know if it's very important or will be ok if I
compile this way.

I can arrange it to have a totally complete .diff but this way it's much
easier and 'cleaner', IMO. What should I do?

Second question; after dpkg-buildpackage, I call lintian -v -i foobar.changes
and it returs the following error:

E: ocaml: script-without-interpreter usr/lib/ocaml/camlheader_ur
N:   This file starts with the #! sequence that identifies scripts, but it
N:   does not name an interpreter.

That file starts with #! and it's not a script; in fact, camlheader_ur
contains only this string and nothing else and is used by some other ocaml
libraries. Is this interpreted as a fatal error and does it prevent me from
contributing it to Debian, or is not too much important?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Fernando Sánchez