Re: Packaging beyond one's means

Jason Henry Parker wrote:
> When I struggled to compile mozilla in 16M of ram, I got ENOMEM at
> total of three times, I nearly had to shut the box down completely to
> get it compiled.

I compiled mozilla with 16 MB ram once... and bought another 64 MB :-)

It does work, if you give it lots and lots of swap.  Like 128 MB.
I found that building the static-Motif version took a lot more memory
than any other step, so if you're building dynamic only (lesstif),
you might need a less room than I did.  Or did Mozilla leave Motif
behind entirely?

Richard Braakman