Re: wannabe developer seeks mentor

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 11:50:35AM +0900, Ionutz Borcoman wrote:
> Actually I'm still seeking for a mentor for helping me in packing
> libvdk. I have to admit that I am seeking people to install and test my
> program :-). I already discovered a useless thing I have done: as I am
> the author also, I thought it will be better and easyer for me to add
> the libvdk.a in the original tar.gz. to let others compile my program
> even if they don't have VDK installed. That's quite stupid as if they
> don't have VDK, then they don't have the headers either, so no use at
> all to include libvdk.a. So I will remove it from the original tar.gz
> and make a new release of it. Anyhow, I have to correct one "small" bug
> that can sigsegv my program, so the deb file will have to be changed
> also.

We tend to work better with specific questions.  Look at another
library package.  Examine the debian/rules file there.  Most of the
time, there will be someone to answer your questions.  There does not
appear to be a lot of enery for hand-holding.  First thing to do is to
find out what you don't know.