Re: how long does it take be assigned as a packager ?

Ionutz Borcoman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have sent 2 e-mails to the new-maintainer@debian.org requiring to be
> assigned as the packager of
>
> 	libvdk
> 	langdrill
>
> I've got no answer till now (already 2 days since wrote about libvdk to
> new-maintainer).
>
> What is the usual amount of time between the request and the approval ?
> Do I have to give some tests to prove a worthy developer :-| ?

Do not send repeat emails to new-maintainer.  You will clutter the
mailbox, increase bandwidth requirements, and risk suffering the wrath
of the new-maintainer gods. ;)

Just make sure that your original email contained all the info necessary
as outlined in
http://debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/developers-reference/ch-new-maintainer.html

There is nothing keeping you from working on your package and learning
more about packaging while you wait for a response.

-Mitch