Re: Cannot install Linux on laptop

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 09:21:30AM -0500, Ignacio Garcia wrote:
> I have tried installing Linux on my ThinkPad 385 XD, but it hasn't
> worked.  When I first tried to install it, I got a message tha said A20
> gating failed.  So I changed the boot-up disk that I was using, and now
> it goes through the initial motions of loading the kernel, then it
> restarts my computer.  Any help would be appreciated.
I don´t know if this helps, but I had some problems with my Fujitsu too.
It didn´t boot from DOS when I invoked the batch scripts on the CD.
So I toggled my BIOS to boot from CDROM which then worked fine.

--
* Christoph Baumann                                          *
* cbauman1@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de                          *