[old] follow w.r.t. french developers

Adam Di Carlo writes:

> As I understood it, if some developer in the free world had the gumption
> to create a stripped down pgp 2.6.2i (or whatever) which could only
> perform signing/verifying functions, and which had all the crypto
> functions stipped out, then French developers could participate freely in
> Debian.

The problem here, of course, is that it is slightly tricky to do that *in
France*, where the motivation exists.

What would be nice would be for someone to exlain how one can *split* the
debian package building such that we in France could do just the signing of
our packages elsewhere, for example on master.

Currently my only legal means of creating packages is using a machine which
is located outside France for the entire dpkg-buildpackage run ... which is
easy enough for me just not very convenient (since I am fortunate to have the
required accounts).

I suppose the best solution wold be to simply borrow time on a machine with
good network connectivity to France to do the dpkg-buildpackage runs and
later (when possible) just the signing?

Cheers,
	Kristoffer
--
Kristoffer Høgsbro Rose, Ph.D., prof.associé  <Kristoffer.Rose@ENS-Lyon.FR>
Laboratoire de l'Informatique du Parallélisme  équipe PLUME, bureau LR5-026