Unwanted dependancies - crt{begin,end}.o

Mark Brown writes:
 > I'm trying to package up the compiler TenDRA compilers (see
 > http://alph.dra.hmg.gb/TenDRA/ for more information).  I've just about
 > got everything working - the only problem that I can see at the minute
 > is that it requires a couple of object files which are part of gcc and
 > installed in the private gcc directory /usr/lib/gcc-lib/<arch>/<version>

- if you want to use the files frm gcc-2.7, then that's correct.
- on systems, where egcs is the primary compiler, you have to use
  /usr/lib/gcc-lib/<arch>/egcs-<version>
- if you want to use the egcs files on systems, where egcs is the
  secondary compiler, you have to use
  /usr/lib/gcc-lib/<arch>/egcs-<version> and depend on g++ (these
  files are part of the g++ package)

 > I could point at the object files directly, but that seems silly - not
 > only would it give TenDRA a dependancy on gcc, it would give it a
 > dependancy on a specific version of gcc.
 >
 > I was thinking that instead of doing that I should simply require that
 > the package be built on a system with gcc installed and copy the files
 > into the package as it is being built.  This is a horrible and inelegant
 > thing to do, but it should work.
 >
 > Is this a reasonable thing to do in a package?

If nothing else is required from the gcc packages to compile files
with the TenDRA compilers, then I propose to copy them.