Unwanted dependancies - crt{begin,end}.o

I'm trying to package up the compiler TenDRA compilers (see
http://alph.dra.hmg.gb/TenDRA/ for more information).  I've just about
got everything working - the only problem that I can see at the minute
is that it requires a couple of object files which are part of gcc and
installed in the private gcc directory /usr/lib/gcc-lib/<arch>/<version>

I could point at the object files directly, but that seems silly - not
only would it give TenDRA a dependancy on gcc, it would give it a
dependancy on a specific version of gcc.

I was thinking that instead of doing that I should simply require that
the package be built on a system with gcc installed and copy the files
into the package as it is being built.  This is a horrible and inelegant
thing to do, but it should work.

Is this a reasonable thing to do in a package?

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/