Re: debmake radically breaks Debian Policy -- other pkgs conffiles

On 19 Nov 1998, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Why not, but why does debstd provide the possibilitry of modifying :
> > - /etc/aliases
> > - /etc/syslog.conf
> > - /etc/inetd.conf
> > - /etc/services
> > - /etc/inittab
> > - /etc/protocols
> > - /etc/profile
> > - /etc/modules
> > - /etc/X11/window-managers
> > - probably some others
> >
> > It seems to me unlogical since debstd should help the developers
> > to follow the Debian Policy... Should we consider that debstd is out of
> > date ?
>
> It was written before it was against policy to modify conffiles, and it is
> not being kept up to date with policy. If you want a policy complient
> debstd, install debhelper and use dh_debstd (or just use debhelper ;-).

This is not the only thing you can do. You may also report bugs against
debmake as you find them, as Adam Di Carlo did.

(Thanks, Adam, I didn't notice this).

I'll fix this bug before slink release.

--
 "070197d0dcbd2445a40803d6f7c97f3f" (a truly random sig)