Re: xwatch package done

"Peter" == Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:
> I wrote:

>> I'd be pleased if someone could take a look at my xwatch package in
>> ~psg/ on master.  I'll upload it only after I get blessing, since
>> it's my first package.

> One glitch I'm aware of is that I'm still using hamm, so may not
> have the `appropriate' compiling environment for unstable.

> If that's the case, perhaps people can tell what C packages should
> be upgraded (I want to wait until slink is stable and then get it on
> CD before I upgrade the whole thing.  I work on this machine and
> need stability)

Slink is frozen and quite stable. I recommend you upgrade your box
before uploading.  Or buy another disk and install an alternate slink
installation, or another box!  You might be able to get away with just
upgrading dpkg, libc6, and xlib6g (and -dev for all these) packages.
Or, if you're really lazy, just have someone with an up-to-date slink
system test it pretty hard for you.

You depend on XForms.  Two points: xforms 0.88 is out.  Also, you
cannot put this package in 'main' since it depends on XForms, which is
non-free.  The best you can hope for is contrib.  See Debian Policy
for details.