Re: Lintian error message

> On Thu, Nov 12, 1998 at 04:20:35PM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > Help!  I just ran lintian on my first package and got the error:
> >
> > E: cweb source: newer-standards-version 2.5.0
>
> Hmm.  I haven't seen you announce taking over cweb.  I was thinking of
> doing the same.  Are you taking cweb-latex too?  Have you considered
> cwebx (CWEB enhanced for ISO/ANSI C)?

I contacted the former maintainer and WNPP, and the New Maintainers
announcement of a couple of weeks ago listed me as taking over cweb,
cweb-latex and sgb.  I was thinking about announcing my intention of
packaging cwebx on debian-devel once I'd figured out how to package
cweb (which I've just done).  If I didn't announce my intention to the
right place, please accept my apologies and let me know where I should
do so in future so that I don't offend anyone.  Thanks!!  8-)

(Incidentally, the Developer's Reference only talks about mailing
wnpp@debian.org.)

> > How do I go about figuring out where the problem might lie?  How can I
> > get lintian to give me more information?
>
> Try the -i option (IIRC, as I am not on a Debian box now).

I did -- it didn't help.

   Julian

            Julian Gilbey             Email: J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
       Dept of Mathematical Sciences, Queen Mary & Westfield College,
                  Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, ENGLAND
      -*- Finger jdg@goedel.maths.qmw.ac.uk for my PGP public key. -*-