Re: First time pkg help.

matthew.r.pavlovich.1 wrote:
> I am packaging xfont3d, xfpovray, and xfcolor.  They all depend on xforms.
> I have the xforms-dev package installed, but when I go to build the
> packages, the make files cannot find the forms.h file.  I symlinked the
> file to /usr/include/forms.h, and now the I can compile the binary by
> hand, but I am unable to package it.  Is there a way to take the binary
> that I compiled and package it from that and the few text files giving
> package information, etc.  These programs will all reside in
> contrib/graphics.  I was hoping I couldedit this by hand and package:

I guess I don't understand.  Let me repeat what I read.

 . While compiling the compiler stomps over #include <forms.h>.

 . The Makefiles don't contain a path to forms.h

According to my Contents-i386.gz forms.h is in X11/forms.h.  Thus
your programs have to contain <X11/forms.h> or the makefiles have
to add an appropriate -I /path/to/X11

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi