Re: How is the freeze enforced?

On Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 05:34:29PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Hi.
>
> No, slink has not been frozen yet.
>
> Better that way, because it is greatly broken.
>
> Brian, what are your plans with respect to slink?
>
> I'm glad that it has not been frozen yet. Could we please continue in the
> unstable stage until some of the more broken packages are properly fixed?

Whew!

I know that my concept of time is flawed at best (I often have no idea what
day of the week it is, much less the real date, or even month
without looking atthe display of my pager) but... I was sure it had been
frozen.

Maybe it would be a good thing to have anounced in Debian News? according to
the web page, Slink was frozen and there was a freeze IRC party etc....

It was a convinving enough thing to see on the wbe page to fool me so...

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"