How to send in patches?

Hi,

I put Maildir-support into wmmail and now I'm wondering how to submit the
patch.

First of all should I send the patch to the debian maintainer or the
upstream auther?

Should I file a wishlist bug and attach the patch or should I mail it to
the author directly?

What is the best format for the patch? Is the output of
'diff -U 3 -N package.orig/ package/' OK?

I looked at the files in debian/doc/ on the ftp-server. Well, I don't
claim that I read them all from the first to the last line (it's a little
bit to much), but I didn't find the answers.

cu,
Lars

--
In an open World without Fences and Walls - who needs Gates and Windows?