Re: m68k and other binaries

Le Mon, Oct 05, 1998 at 05:51:38PM +0200, Philipp Frauenfelder écrivait:
> I'm a new maintainer (a few weeks only) and have a package with
> Architecture: i386
> Today I got a bug report saying it also compiled on a m68k. Is
> there a possibility for me to test (try it out) beforhand or do
> I have to wait for such bug reports? I.e. are there machines
> available to produce m68k (alpha, sparc etc.) binaries?

The problem isn't there. Most Unix programs are not hardware-dependant
and compile on different architectures. That's why you generally have to
set "architecture" to "any". If you set architecture to "i386" you
say that the program works only on i386 and that's not the case.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/