Re: Non-Maintainer Upload Qs

On Wed, Aug 12, 1998 at 11:31:15PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
> >>"Stephen" == Stephen J Carpenter <sjc@delphi.com> writes:
>
>  Stephen> The package in question is a bit out of date and I need features in
>  Stephen> the latest version for my own system, so I needed to upgrade to
>  Stephen> the latest version...and decided to do it with the packaging system...
>
>  Stephen> is this an imporper reason to do an NMU?
>
> 	Nope. But you should ask the maintainer first, and get
>  permission; if the maintainer is not available (give them a week,
>  maybe), declare your intentions on debian-devel, and then go right
>  ahead barring serious objections.

ok I e-mailed the maintainer...no response yet.
turns out the current version DOES have whaty I need...but doesn't
document it (figures :) )

I havn't quite got it working yet anyway on the new version (tho it
is fun to play with it...learning things and all)

-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"