Re: Non-Maintainer Upload Qs

Hi,
>>"Stephen" == Stephen J Carpenter <sjc@delphi.com> writes:

 Stephen> The package in question is a bit out of date and I need features in
 Stephen> the latest version for my own system, so I needed to upgrade to
 Stephen> the latest version...and decided to do it with the packaging system...

 Stephen> is this an imporper reason to do an NMU?

	Nope. But you should ask the maintainer first, and get
 permission; if the maintainer is not available (give them a week,
 maybe), declare your intentions on debian-devel, and then go right
 ahead barring serious objections.

	manoj
--
 QOTD: "You're so dumb you don't even have wisdom teeth."