Re: 2 packages using same conffile

On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 10:05:43PM +0000, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 02:53:30PM -0400, Adam P. Harris wrote:
> > If there's reason, we could try to get it into a required package,
> > probably base-files.

base-file is nice, but not for only one config-file.

> It's really just the irc serverlist.  There are several ircII derivatives
> and all of them use the same serverlist.  There's no reason I see to have
> different servers for each.  The user will likely hav their own preferred
> servers, but that's the user's serverlist.  What I end up doing is
> symlinking the lot of them to whatever I installed first.

is the serverlist-file not the like /etc/papersize /etc/nntpserver etc.

check the file in postinst. And make it if in /etc/ is no ircserverlist-file.
Write a mail to the other irc-client-maintainer and ask to support
/etc/ircserverlist on the same way.

is this the solution?

Grisu