Re: updates to upstream packages

tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> writes:

> dpkg-buildsource does like it when I just add the files to my source
                      ^^ "not", shurely?
> tree, I guess since there is nothing to diff them against.

dpkg-source handles (non-binary) inclusions fine; see 3.3 of the
packaging manual.

| [Changes to .orig.tar.gz via .diff.gz] may only include editing and
| creating plain files. The permissions of files, the targets of
| symbolic links and the characteristics of special files or pipes may
| not be changed and no files may be removed or renamed.

> Should I upload a new .orig.tar.gz file?

You don't need to, you can just the -sa option to dpkg-buildpackage
whenever you change the .orig.tar.gz.  However as to whether a new
version number is appropriate, I have no idea.

--
James
~Yawn And Walk North~                                  http://yawn.nocrew.org/