New Package - heyu, need guidance

I am very interested in becoming a developer, I am working on a program
called heyu (X10 home automation program that works with the CM11A
controller box).  I have read the instructions on developing a package,
and also looked at the New-Maintainer's Debian Packaging HOWTO by Will
Lowe.

Questions:  I have PGP and keys (one is 5.0, the other is 2.6.3).  I am
wondering which PGP key to use. My second question is how do I find out
who to contact to get an account at master.debian.org.

After those two steps, I am sure I will have many more questions, but I
won't swamp anybody for now. :)

thanks in advance!
troy
Troy Hanson