ongoing support for bo/libc5

First my disclaimer - I'm quite the newbie to Debian-maintainership.

I am working on the wanpipe package, initially developed.  Back when he
have gave me the package, he indicated that it needed updates for hamm,
which I have completed.  But the more I think about it, the more I believe
that there will be a large number of router admins out there who won't be
jumping to upgrade to hamm.  I, for one, will be using the package at my
company on libc5 systems for a while.

Q:  Is anyone else faced with parallel development/release for libc5 and
libc6?  Do they distribute different packages, or the same package with
different rev numbers?  Is there a point at which SPI/Debian is going to
completely discontinue support for bo?

TIA

tony mancill               |  tmancill@us.lhsgroup.com
LHS Communications         |  Give me ambiguity or give me something else...