/usr/share?

 WindowMaker 0.15.0 has been released, and it contains a number of non
 FSSTND complaint locations.

 It uses GNU autconf's pkgdata dir idea. That's means it puts things
 in /usr/share/WindowMaker (in fact, I've seen quite a few packages
 doing this, which is, IMO, against policy)

 Up until 0.14.1-6 (in hamm) I moved several parts from there to
 /etc/GNUstep/Defaults/{WindowMaker,WMRootMenu,WMWindowAttributes},
 /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps and /etc/X11/WindowMaker/ (there's a
 blooper with the last one: Style shouldn't be there)

 The suggested directory arrangement for 0.15.0 is

 +usr
    +share
        +WindowMaker
            +Backgrounds
            +Defaults
            +IconSets
            +Pixmaps
            +Sounds
            +Styles
            +Themes

 The arrangement for 0.14.1 was

 +etc
 |  +GNUstep
 |  |   +Defaults
 |  +X11
 |      +WindowMaker
 |          +Style
 +usr
    +X11R6
        +include
            +X11
                +pixmaps

 I'll leave /etc/GNUstep/Defaults and /etc/X11/WindowMaker, move Style
 to the suggested location, and make the default PixmapPath point to
 /usr/share/WindowMaker/Pixmaps first, and then the old directory. Is
 that good?

 Questions (finally!)

 * /etc/X11/WindowMaker/Style/* were flaged as conffiles. I have given
   this a thought, and it's not a good idea. How do I go about that?
   Also, the files formerly there match .*\.style; the ones in
   /usr/share/WindowMaker/Styles are have the ".style" part removed
   but otherwise have the same name. i.e., Black.style and Black. They
   are not entirely compatible (the changes are sed-fixable). What's
   the best course of action? I was thinking about fixing them in
   /etc/X11/WindowMaker/Style, leaving the task of moving them to the
   local admin. The other option is using them to replace the new ones
   on postinst.

 * The old files in /etc/GNUstep/Defaults have to be fixed. I can do
   this in postinst, do I have to ask for the admin's permission?
   WindowMaker won't mind if the old keys are still there, but OTHO,
   it won't do anything with them. They *have* to be fixed.

 Thanks,

                        Marcelo