Re: How to determine header dependencies for -dev packages

Shaleh <shaleh@livenet.net> wrote:

> Is there an easy way to determine header dependencies?  Anyone header
> could include many others.  Or do I have to open up each header and
> track down which package it is included in?

Here's a piece of plumbing I put together in five minutes:

   bash$ gcc -E frobozz.c | grep "^# " | cut -d\  -f3 | sort | uniq

It only shows you the collapsed dependencies, not the tree-structure
you might want. Also, you should also add in whatever defines (the -D
flag) you usually have.

/Sverker